Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The title of the manuscript is included in Spanish (maximum 80 characters with space)
- Manuscript title in English is included (maximum 80 characters with space)
- An abstract is included in Spanish, in a single paragraph and without epigraphs (minimum/maximum: 220/230 words).
- An abstract is included in English, in a single paragraph and without epigraphs (minimum/maximum 200/230 words).
- The abstracts in Spanish and English answer orderly to the following questions: justification and contextualization of the topic, objectives, type of research, study methodology, results and main conclusions.
- The document must present 8 keywords (in Spanish and English) (only single words, not syntagms or word combinations), with the most significant terms, and if possible standardized.
- All author identification data are included in the OJS system in the order stipulated in the regulations: identification and correspondence data, professional affiliations and ORCID.
- The maximum number of authors is three, except for those papers that justify a limited number of authors.
The author/s have duly signed the letter of presentation of the article, which includes the partial assignment of rights and the declaration of conflict of interest.
- The manuscript meets the minimum and maximum length allowed: In the Research section: 5,500/7,500 words of text (including references). Reports, Studies: 6,000/8,000 words of text (including references).
- In case of research paper, the manuscript corresponds to the structure required by the rules (IMRAD)
- The manuscript makes explicit and correctly cites the sources and materials used.
- Citations in the text strictly conform to APA 7 guidelines, as reflected in the instructions.
- References have been rigorously reviewed and only those that have been cited in the text are included.
- The number of references cited is around 40 (research) and 60-70 in literature reviews.
- DOI has been included in all the references with the following format: doi: https://doi.org/XXXXXX
- All web addresses of references have been shortened with Bit.ly
- The manuscript is uploaded to the platform in Word format and without author identification, guaranteeing a blind review.
- The manuscript must contain at least 5 citations of articles published within the last two years.
- Articles must have a maximum of 4 authors
Copyright: The Salesian Polytechnic University preserves the copyrights of the published articles, and favors and allows their reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Ecuador license. They may be copied, used, disseminated, transmitted and publicly displayed, provided that: i) the authorship and the original source of their publication (journal, editorial and work URL) are cited; (Ii) are not used for commercial purposes; Iii) mention the existence and specifications of this license.
The names and e-mail addresses entered in this journal will be used exclusively for the purposes established in it and will not be provided to third parties or for their use for other purposes.